01 May 2008

Thursday Thirteen #3

Days like today, I rue my decision to major in a social science and a language, rather than a hard science... and let's just not mention my loathing of Latin because I thought it was "dead" and nobody spoke it anymore...



Thirteen Terms I Had To Look Up in Wikipedia Today (yes, just today)
Or That I Had To Google Because Wikipedia Failed Me


1. angiopoietin

2. Tie 2 receptor

3. genetic rescue

4. retinopathy

5. leiomyoma

6. tyrosine kinase

7. Ang 1

8. luciferase

9. adenoviral vectors

10. transfect

11. bicistronic

12. angiogenesis/lymphangiogenesis - which, being so similar, count as one, besides which, if I didn't count them as one, I wouldn't be able to include my favorite of all time:

13. syngeneic Balb/c mice (and actually, "syngeneic" was misspelled...)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!







.

4 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Yowie. Those are toughies all right!

I keep a dictionary and a thesaurus -- the old, paper kind -- on my desk. They are buried under things, but for emergencies like you clearly had, I've got 'em!

Kathleen Oxley said...

Wow - I could guess at a few of those, but I don't know any for sure.

Happy TT! :)

Bethanie said...

*sigh*

I know them all now. And I'd post the definitions, but then you'd fall asleep, like, halfway through number 2.

Darla said...

I'd have to look those up, too. Yikes.

Sorry I'm so late returning your visit. I'll be back later, though!