22 June 2007

I Love the Muppets

Not a bumpah stickah. But it should be. My google quote of the day today:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.

-Miss Piggy


I love the Muppets. My whole family watched the TV show religiously when I was a kid (yeah, yeah, I'm dating myself. Shut up.). It was great - Fozzie Bear, Pigs in Space, Gonzo and Camilla, Statler and Waldorf, and especially, Miss Piggy.

For some strange reason it reminds me of where I work.

Seriously, there are all these Very Original People from all sorts of different cultures and backgrounds all thrown together and trying to do Really Important Stuff, usually under a deadline (10 minutes to curtain!). And naturally, there's a lot of conflict and a lot of people in need of black eyes.

Especially during this past episode of Grant Hell, when we could have used Miss Piggy and her, erm, special brand of tact.

'Cuz getting shit done in life comes down to your attitude and whether or not you're going to take "No" for an answer this time or take things into your own hands.

Yep. Those are the days that life just screams out for Miss Piggy. Hiiii-YAAAH!

No comments: