23 February 2011

Space

I like my space.

I like it red and dark, quiet, because there is no one else here to speak, loud, because I have the music up as far as it will go, messy, because my children have been here, clean, because they've gone again.

I like the way the stain on the bookcases I bought matches the stain of the wood on the floors. I like the way my books look when they're out of their boxes. I like the things I nailed to the walls wherever I wanted to without having to ask anybody if it was OK to put them there.

I like having no TV and a good espresso machine and excellent beer and my clothes put away. I like that I fixed the doorbell by myself and rearranged the den four times before I was happy with it.

I like that I'm here by myself but not lonely. I like it a lot.

.

5 comments:

smockturtle said...

sounds like you are your own best friend. Every one should have one of those. I am guessing from your blogs that you are recently single, Glad you are enjoying it. Being strong enough to walk away doesn't make you a failure, it makes you a survivor. Keep Swimming.

Bethanie said...

Thanks for your kind words. I am managing to keep my head above water most of the time these days. :)

aveoamare said...

I feel the same way about where I live, I'm on my own for the first time ever, in a strange state without my husband or my family, and oddly enough it feels really good.

handicrafts india online said...

you are in reality a excellent webmaster. The web site loading pace is amazing.

- handicrafts india online | indian handicraft online | handicraft shopping online

Dr. kold_kadavr_flatliner, MD, the sub/dude said...

Now, prepare for some ULTRA-COOL-GUHROOVILISHIOUS, ya wildchild...

CAUTION: our 22-wildchild-blogOwama is a total wealth of bottomless sophistication, nuanced inferences, and synonymous metaphors you most prooooo’bly won’t find anywhere else. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN WISK!!

Frankly, I wouldn't be tooo worried about what the whorizontal world thot about me, dear; I'd be much more concerned about what Jesus shall say at our General Judgment. You may not like me now, yet, I’m not out to please you. Lemme wanna gonna tella youse Who (grrr - New Joisey accent):

Greeting, earthling. Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe/accept: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant, catch-22-excitotoxxins, guhroovaliciousnessly delicious, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Reality-Firepower-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE WIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF the OUTSTANDING, NEVER-ENDING, THRILLIONTH-RED-MARKER-POSSIBILITIES!!! Puh-leeeze meet me Upstairs. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…