06 November 2007

Character Question: What Do You Want?

So the dude who started this whole NaNoWriMo thing asked his characters this question. And told everyone else. So now EVERYONE is doing it. Including me.

And since I can't seem to post my stupid comment on the NaNo forums, I decided to post it here instead (or, eventually, in addition to).

So. Here's how my characters answered the question:

Luci: I want to find out who murdered my best friend 11 years ago.

Wen-Shu: I want to go back in time and undo the mistakes that cost my father his throne; that way I get to be Empress of the World. Woo-hoo!

Kesera: I want to get the hell out of this stinkin' Keep. Then I want everybody to shut the hell up and stop telling me what to do.

Fenn: I want my dead wife and son back. Barring that, I'll stay high all the time, so I can forget about them.

Lars: I want Fenn to stop getting high all the time, take his responsibilites seriously and go back to good ol' days before he met that crazy bitch. And Luci, I want Luci.

Maida: I want revenge and power and more revenge. Did I mention revenge?

Reygin: I want my birthright back, the one Fenn stole by being born.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Yeah, so, like, I got the first few chapters like a year ago... Enough to fathom about half of what the heck you're talking about here. Tell me you have more for me... or will someday? Go NANO! Go Bethanie!

Bethanie said...

I will someday. I promise.

This NaNo is basically the other half of the story you started reading. Surprisingly - for not having been particularly motivated and not having planned overmuch for NaNo this year - it's actually going pretty well.

Having said that, I committed my first (fiction) murder yesterday. It was sort of upsetting. 'Cuz it was sort of gruesome. But it had to happen.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement!