02 August 2006

Dang.

So. After two days of contractions every 20 minutes, guess what I've got to show for it. Go ahead, guess!

Jack, that's what.

Last week, I was 50% effaced and 2 cm dilated. This week, I'm 70% effaced and 2 cm dilated. All that effort for a measly 20% of effacement. Woop. I am so Not Incredibly Impressed.

I don't suppose it helped that the uterus, inexplicably, decided to take the day off yesterday either. What's up with THAT? I mean, let's get it the fuck on with it already.

It's also not helping that my mother titters every time I come around a corner and my belly precedes me by - she claims - 3 steps. She can't be right. Can she?



It really isn't that funny dammit.

Oh, fuck you, don't talk to me. I'm going to soak in the hot tub now.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Yup. 3 steps. At least!

Sorry - I know it's not funny (except that it is, sorta, cuz it ain't me...).

I'll pray to the Goddesses of dialation and effacement (Think they're like the Scylla and Charydbis of childbirth?).
-L

Bethanie said...

Oh, c'mon - 1 and 1/2 steps tops.

And please, pray to whomever you wish. Something's got to work...

Leslie said...

How long are your strides? It's at least 2 steps... and add 1/2 for the belly button.

Really, you look fabulous and it'll come out soon - she can't be any more comfortable than you are, what with her being all folded up and upside down.

Bethanie said...

Well, your prayers must be doing something - evidence of mucus plug late last evening and contractions all night. Eventually fell asleep, as they weren't all that strong or well-coordinated, but this morning we seem to be settling into a regular pattern.... Hale-freakin-lujah!