19 August 2006

The Return of The Brain

It's back.

The brain, I mean. Not that it went anywhere physically, but the placenta has been doing 95% of my thinking (if you can call it that) for the last 9 months of my life.

It happened almost immediately upon the departure of said placenta from my body. I could tell because I remembered all my nurses' names in the hospital. (I still do.)

And progress continues because I want to write again. Granted, I haven't done much, just a little editing on the novel, but I can't even tell you how happy I am about it. I haven't even wanted to do that for the last two months. The placenta just wasn't interested in my little make-believe world or its characters or their problems, and I was terribly worried that breastfeeding was going to result in the same lack of motivation. However, prolactin doesn't seem to have the same deleterious effects on the imagination as whatever hormonal cocktail the placenta churns out.

As I said, I am ever so happy about it. It's nice to have a brain again...

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Welcome back! Now then, between feedings and such, when can I expect the first installment of said novel? I still have the prologue rattling around my brain but it's not going anywhere which is driving me nuts. Is October 1st too early for, say, the first 3 chapters? I'm going easy on you because Ms. Baby is so darn cute and I know from experience that Ms. Four probably still has many needs of her own...

Seriously, you done good, kid!

Bethanie said...

Crikey! You and your deadlines...

Sounds great! I'll get started right away! Seriously, that sounds like an achievable goal. Chapters 1-3, here I come!

(yikes - that's only, like 6 weeks away... best get crackin'!)

Queen K said...

Yay!! Welcome back!!!

Good job on the baby-having there. You showed those main-stream docs and nurses how it's REALLY done!!