23 March 2006

Changes

I'm not sure why this is happening NOW, but I'm reverting to adolecence and the care-free days of my 20s. Perhaps it's the pregnancy...

My belly button popped out last weekend and my first thought (after cleaning out all the gunk you otherwise don't even know is there) was: "Wow, I'd really like to pierce it."

Pierce it. As in, stick something sharp and metallic through perfectly intact skin and wear it around as jewelery.

Eh??

Wierd for me these days, to say the least, and that's not even the end of it. I also want another tattoo.

And not a polite little tattoo like the one on my ankle, either. I want a fat green dragon coiling across my back, around my hips and lying in wait underneath my belly, kinda like this one (uh.... minus them knarly fingernails...)

Eh??

I'm not opposed to body art or anything, it's just that I thought I got that all out of my system years and years ago. I mean, I have 11 or 12 holes in my ears and had my nose pierced for a couple of days in high school, but I was 15 when I did all that. I got my itty-bitty tattoo when I was 24. As I stated, years and years ago.

So why is all this popping up again, all of a sudden? Perhaps, it's a reactionary response to motherhood or to the confines, restrictions and otherwise unpleasant expectations of being a grown-up. I see authority, I must rebel?? Maybe it's a mid-life crisis? I don't know.

In any case, it will be a while before I can actually ACT on any of these impulses, since it appears that most places will not pierce your parts or tattoo you if you are pregnant (which I am, er, obviously) or breastfeeding (which we will be, naturally). So I have some time to think about it, which is probably a good thing.

It'll give me time to design that dragon, at the very least, heh-heh...

1 comment:

Queen K said...

Sweet...sounds like you've got a little rebel growing in that there belly!!!

Get that tat though...sound cool!!!