26 June 2008

Grinding the Axe

Must keep it sharp, doncha know...

So yesterday was something of a bust for Revision Hell, because - of course, story of my life whenever I start a writing project - I got sick. Again.

By the time the kids were in bed, all I wanted to do was go to bed myself. I did manage to chop out the several chapters that were in the axed character's POV, so I got the manuscript down to 64K. Then I pasted in a couple of scenes for one of the characters who will be shouldering part of the story in his place, so I'm up to 65K.

And then I called it a night, because my throat was sore, I had bodyaches, and my head was starting to feel distinctly balloon-like.

I'm still not feeling that great, so it's good it's a work-at-home day. If I really start feeling bad, I can lay on the couch and I won't be infecting co-workers with whatever-the-fuck this is. :-p

Anyway, the plan for this evening is to work out what other scenes I'm going to need to make up for the axed POV and, if I'm up for it, do some work on the character arc for my martial arts princess. That'll be occupying the back 40 of the brain for the day.

Unless I get knocked down for the count. Glory, but I hate germs.

.

2 comments:

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh, no! I hope you're having a better day today. I'm starting out slow too. Nowhere NEAR my 2500 I need for the day. Sigh.

But whatever we get done is DONE. Hang in there!

Bethanie said...

That's true! Even half a page is half a page DONE. :)