27 June 2008

Synops-oops

Synopsis.

Since I still felt like shit last night, that was my Revision Hell project. Try to come up with a synopsis of the story. To help keep me on track, yanno, and give me The Big Picture so I wouldn't get all dazed and confused by the details. Plus, I needed something I could stick bits of the hacked out character into. (My, that sounds sort of gruesome, if you think about it...)

Well.

Three failed attempts later (I kept coming up with back-of-the-book blurbs - not helpful), I finally got... something. I don't know that I can call it a synopsis, because honestly, I haven't done my homework on how to write a decent synopsis, but I think it'll do what I need it to do for now.

*sigh*

At least, I'm feeling better today. That really IS something.

.

5 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Give a holler if you need help. Not that I'm amazing at them or anything, but I've done a few.

Miss Crabby Pants said...

Okay, but, ummmm, where is said synopso-thingy?

Bethanie said...

Susan - I'm hollering. :-D I'll take all the help I can get, so be wary of what you offer. :)

Ms CP - It's, um, being polished... :}

Bethanie said...

Actually, Ms CP, I was going to post a snippet and just realized I can't.

I wrote it out in a notebook with a ball point pen and haven't typed it yet.

How old school!

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oooh, the synopsis is hard. It took me a whole day to write a 4-page one for the AT contest. Good luck!