17 August 2008

Yes, I'm Alive

Too busy to even think about having anything to say, but here's what's been shakin' the last few weeks:

  • School started.
  • My parents came to visit.
  • Ms. Beautiful, her daughter and her still-in-utero twin sons visited.
  • I signed up for a workshop and registered for this year's medical writers conference.
  • I tried not to faint when I saw the charge for the conference on my credit card statement.
  • All the visitors left.
  • I signed up for a class (a class! what am i thinking?) at FPU.
  • OK, I'm auditing a class at FPU (which proves that I'm not totally crazy).
  • We watched lots of Olympics. I mean, LOTS.
  • Oh, and we cleaned the house yesterday (since it was starting to fester).

And I have done zippo as far as writing.

Boo, hiss. I had great plans and that synopsis was really starting to gel and then illness had a party with obligation and it got all set aside for 'some other time', preferably one when I wasn't exhausted, covered with vomit and/or supposed to be doing Something of Critical Importance to the Fate of the World (the world of my family, anyway).

I don't expect I'll get back to writing before the end of the Olympics, because they come on during my 'writing time' and they only come around every 4 years and I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss something amazing just because one of my characters is having a moment. So there.

.

2 comments:

Miss Crabby Pants said...

Glad you're alive and reasonably well. Enjoy the Olympics and your guest-free house. And, since (as Holly says) most of writing is thinking, you can pretend to be writing (thinking) or even researching (one of your characters may fence or swim or something). I am a master of justification!

Bethanie said...

All hail the master! :D