15 November 2006

Halfway

Well, I did it. Despite grant deadlines that took up most of my damn weekend and babies that won't sleep and a house that insists I clean it and a family that insists I feed it and friends that insist on visiting, I passed 25K today.

That means that I am technically still on schedule to complete NaNo on the 30th.

Technically.

'Course me being me, I am so used to being ahead of schedule and finishing early that I feel like I'm behind. (What can I say? I'm a freak.)

I also have this unshakable feeling that I'm actually a day behind and don't know it... but that's probably just the chronic lack of sleep talking. Hard to say.

Anyway.

As usual, I'm halfway to 50K and only about 1/3 the way through the actual story. If that. At least, I'm doing better at keeping my characters under control and not letting them run off with the plot quite so blatantly as they did last year. (Damn vampires. See if I ever write another vamp novel again, you ungrateful bastards.)

Yep. This year I'm the Bitch with the Whip and my characters are my fearful crew of galley slaves.

Best start rowin', y'all.

No comments: