Thursday Thirteen #5
The subject of this TT comes to you courtesy of my 20th high school reunion, which I found out about yesterday, because an old friend found me on Facebook and sent me the info. It was kinda neat cruising the reunion website and seeing where people ended up, which naturally induced a bout of homesickness. Consequently, I give you... Thirteen Things I Miss About My Hometown That Have Ended Up In My Fiction 1. Moe’s Italian Sandwiches. It’s the bread, I think. And the absense of lettuce. And the particular meat they use. Or all of the above. I dunno, but you haven’t lived until you’ve had a Moe’s. Fiction: One gets shared in Dragons - in Prescott Park, as a matter of fact (see #7 below). 2. The Brioche. A café, which isn’t actually called that anymore, but I can’t remember the current name… Anyway, it’s the café on the square where I spent half of high school, every morning of my college career before I caught the bus, and as much time as I can manage on visits home. Fiction: Bits...
Comments
This'll be two - one official, one unofficial. And it is nuts. It's also very liberating, because the only way to "win" is to just let it suck and WRITE. You learn a lot and even if you never, ever show it to anyone, ever, you still get to say you wrote a book for the rest of your life. :-D
All ya gatta do is sign up at the website (I'm kestlebird, look me up) and start writing on November 1. C'mon, it'll be fun! I'll even send you my copy of the guidebook!
Anyways.
Apparently, I can't count. Yes, you're right, this would make 3. Yikes! Now go sign up, smarty-pants.
L - Yahooo! Welcome aboard USS Insanity and all that jazz! Start anyplace you like - characters are helpful, plot is not required, lethally large amounts of caffiene are. :-D