27 December 2008

NaNo ... Uphill in January?

Still making progress, but slogging along. Christmas, Florida, and family are NOT conducive to writing. Like, at all. I wrote all of 29 words before the kids woke up yesterday, and then it was non-stop Everything Else all day long. Tennis, shopping, Bananagrams (great game!), and movies (Wall-e, which is effing brilliant) - oh, yes, and eating, let's not forget eating - took up the rest of the day.

This morning I managed to get just over 1000 words, so all is not lost, but I wanted to be DONE by now! Arrrgh! At least, the story is where it is supposed to be. Two more scenes and That's. It.

Until it's time to edit and probably add another 20K...

OK, I think I'll go quietly insane now...

.

2 comments:

soleilnoir said...

"Christmas, Florida, and family are NOT conducive to writing. Like, at all."

Writers with kids, you guys are my new heroes. You're making good progress though Bethanie, almost done! :)

Bethanie said...

I'm getting there, slowly but surely! I got another 1000 words today, so my actual goal for the month is in sight! Yahooo!