15 December 2008

Updates, Updates, Updates.

NaNo 2008 Current Word Count: 70,121

Cumulative Total Words for December: 13,432

Aaaah! I broke 70K last night and it felt good. Bran and Heilla are still a crazy mess and I still don't understand a few critical things that are happening, but I'm just going to go with it. I really, really want to finish the draft by the end of December and I'm running out of time! We leave for Florida next Sunday, and between Christmas and my sisters, I have a feeling not much writing is going to get done there...

Plus, there are some other BIG things going on: I got my business licenses from the county and city last week, which means I really need to get the content written for the website so it's ready when the design is done. Saturday in the mail I got notification that the Board of Editors in the Life Sciences thinks I have enough experience to be eligible to take their certification exam - woo-hoo! and I'm thrilled, but now I have to go through the study guide, figure out where I'm lacking skills and knowledge and make up a plan and schedule for filling in those gaps by next October, which is when I want to take the exam.

Yikes! Full steam ahead!

.

2 comments:

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Whoa, that's awesome on all accounts! I'm praying to finish by Christmas too but I don't know if I'll make it. Some of the next big climax are rather foggy.

Bethanie said...

I know what you mean about foggy climaxes (*snickers*)... I keep thinking I know what's going on and what's about to happen, only to be shocked by what actually ends up happening...