29 May 2008

Scrapbooking Service?

So Ms. Almost-Six has completed kindergarten and now I have all this Stuff piled up - cool little art projects, worksheets, report card, diploma! I'd like to do something with it besides let it take up space on my already-cluttered desk and collect dust.

Scrapbooks are an obvious solution. You'd think. But the very idea of scrapbooking makes me shudder.

Don't get me wrong - I think scrapbooks are neat. I think all the little doo-dads and stickers you can buy to decorate scrapbook pages are really nifty. I love the thought of organizing all the Stuff into something that resembles a Story.

But I know just what would happen if I bought all the nifty doo-dads.

They would take up space right next to all the Stuff on my already-cluttered desk and collect dust.

My wedding album is a perfect example: I've been married almost nine years and all the wedding album Stuff is still sitting in a plastic bag on an already-cluttered shelf and collecting dust.

So I won't go there. But I wish somebody would. Somebody other than me. Somebody I could send all my precious Stuff to who would cull it for the really awesome bits, decorate it with nifty doo-dads and send it back to me all finished and ready for foisting upon unsuspecting visitors.

Wouldn't that be cool?

.

2 comments:

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Back when we only had one monster and lived in MN (nearly 10 years ago), a bunch of my coworkers were into rubber stamping and scrapbooking. I bought a bunch of crap and started making a baby book for Princess Monster. I got a few pages done and gave some gifts away that first Christmas of pictures, etc. I planned to add to the book each year.

Well that never happened. We moved to MO and none of that stuff ever got unpacked. I started writing and quit any other hobby for the most part. I just don't have time.

Plus two more monsters...

Now we've had 2 monsters go through kindergarten and I have nothing. Gah. I suck!

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Bethanie, if you still have the time and inclination to beta read Road, can you drop me a line at joely AT joelysueburkhart DOT com? I don't think I have an e-mail addy for you.