21 May 2008

Thursday Thirteen #6

After yesterday's unexpected news that my sister-in-law is going to have twins, I sent her a little list of good things about having twins that she could focus on to try and diffuse some of the shell shock.

Then I decided it would make a great Thursday Thirteen - if I could come up 13 things...

I figured I'd probably have to resort to google to get all 13, but I managed to come up with all of these myself. Yay, me! :D

So here they are: 13 wonderful things about twins. And if you can think of others, by all means, please add to the list in the comments and I'll pass them on to my sister-in-law!




Thirteen Wonderful Things about Twins


1. These days, you find out WELL ahead of time, not on their birthday!

2. Two kids, one pregnancy. (And if your pregnancies are anything like mine (miserable), you know that's a wonderful thing.)

3. Two kids, one labor! Yahoo!

4. You get to open twice as many baby presents! Wheeee!

5. I couldn't find anything on their website, but I’m pretty sure La Leche League either knights you or gives you a medal for breastfeeding twins. :D

6. You can SO justify hiring a nanny a few hours a week (and since my sister-in-law can afford it, I say: Why not!).

7. Twice the cuteness (...at least, once they start doing the cute stuff...heh...).

8. They always have a playmate (whether or not they always get along is another question entirely…).

9. Little kids in cute outfits - times two!

10. Twice the wear out of the cute little outfits!(Man, they outgrow them so fast.)

11. That first smile - times two!

12. Twice the sweet, slobbery kisses!

13. Twice as much of the best sound in the world – little kids laughing.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!







.

9 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Wonder Twin Power! Activate!

Mazel Tov on the twins (to your sis-in-law -- and you indirectly, too). All good things come in twos, right? Chocolate and peanut butter... Umm...

There's not much better than chocolate and peanut butter. Nope. But two healthy babies will come close.

keep us posted!

Shelley Munro said...

Two babies, one labor sounds like a plan to me! Congrats to your sister-in-law.

Darla said...

Congratulations to your sister! I always remember a good friend found out she was expecting twins on April 1st. Her husband did not believe her for a good month afterward. LOL

December said...

best of luck, happy and healthy 9 mo to her!

Sue said...

Congratulations to your SIL and family :) Best wishes, and happy TT :)

Janet said...

I always wished I had twins! Congrats to your SIL :-)

SJ Reidhead said...

How much fun! I may not have children, but I am a professional at being an aunt. You can spoil 'em. You think of everything you can to annoy the parents - ant farm, aquarium, silly string, you name it - and you buy it!

23 years later my sister calls - "Have you heard from your niece?" In otherwords, she's upset. She only calls me when life is the pits - the other part about being an aunt!

SJR
The Pink Flamingo

Robin said...

Twins! How exciting!

Celticlibrarian said...

Twins, eh?
My sister and brother are twins. I only have to remember one age! It's handy sometimes, let me tell you.