04 May 2008

Sentence of the Week

I'm editing Boss Lady's proposal backwards, paragraph by paragraph, in order to pay attention this time, 'cuz it's, like, the 18th time I've read it and I just can't seem to pay attention like I should anymore...

Anyways.

One of the funny things you notice when you do this is how NONE of the abbreviations are defined before you see them and so you end up with unintelligible gobble-de-gook like this:

Phase II will have 92% power to detect an HR=1.5 for DFS for a SNP with a MAF as low as 10% in the BCSS.


And yes, actually, you DO need a degree to know what the hell that means... or you need to have read the rest of the bloody thing 18 times in 4 days... whichever works for you...

And I'll stop procrastinating now and get back to work already.

.

4 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

If I had that to look forward to, I'd be procrastinating, too! Yech.

Bethanie said...

Tell me about it. The poor little brain just hurts at this point...

Nap Warden said...

Ummmm....?

Bethanie said...

nap warden -- My thoughts exactly...

I can translate if you like! OK, right, nevermind...