22 April 2008

Allergy Eyes

You see the eye on your right?



That is actually the eye on my left.

And yes, it is swollen and bloodshot and it itches so badly I am about to rip it out of my frikkin' head to end my misery.

The Evil Pollen Pixies, as you can see, have finally found me.

In June, it will be 5 years since we moved to Itty-Bitty City from Way Out West - 5 years that were blissfully sniffle and itchy-eye free. I thought perhaps the Evil Pollen Pixies had given up their search for me, that I was to be permanently spared their hexes and curses, that I would be forced (albeit willingly) to give up my long-held title, The Snot Queen.

Clearly, that is not the case.

Clearly, the Evil Pollen Pixies are far more persistent than I ever gave them credit for.

Clearly, I will soon be (re-)embarking on my quest for the mythical Elixir of Relief, available only from the wise, wise Wizards of Scritch, Scratch and Suffer.

Let's hope they have better drugs these days.

.

3 comments:

Oberon said...

......i heard that if you eat bee pollen and honey from your local area......you become immune to pollen allergies.......i wonder if it's true.

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh, hugs, I'm so sorry you're miserable!!

Bethanie said...

oberon: Thanks for stopping and commenting! My sister, an ex-nurse and herbalist-apprentice suggested the same thing. I've got a list of possible sources and I'm going to try it. Can't hurt, in any case. (BTW, your blog is one of the best I've ever come across.)

joely: Thanks for the hugs, I need 'em - my eyes were stuck shut this morning... so... gross...